Good Intent LO136 36ft Shrubsills built 1860
GOOD INTENT was built in 1860 as a fishing boat for owners in Harwich and worked under sail for 67 years. She was constructed of larch on oak and had a loose footed mainsail. She fished the Thames estuary, based in Kent and was built with a wet well for fish to be kept alive until they reached market. She fished until 1927 and was then rescued from a mud berth in 1930 by Mr Puttifer who converted her to a yacht in 1936.
During the Second World War, GOOD INTENT remained hidden on the backwaters at Walton on the Naze and was used as an arms cache. She was then sold to Mr P Conly of Essex and used as a private yacht until 1988. At that time, she was bought by Mr Frank Knight of F Knight Boatyard, Woodbridge, Suffolk for a pound on the conditon that she was restored. Between 1988 and 1992, work continued slowly inbetween customers. In 1992, she was bought by the present owner who completed the work in 1994.
Since 1994, GOOD INTENT has sailed privately and has been used as a charter vessel. She is scheduled to be re-decked in 2019.