Band of Hope 42ft Norman built 1888
She was purchased as a fishing boat in 1935 and converted by Corbetts at Greenwich to have four berths in two cabins. When purchased she had a loose footed mainsail and ‘Handy Billy’ auxiliary. She lay in Leigh Creek from 1939 to 1946 and was then salvaged and rebuilt by S. Emms and G. Doris, when an old Coventry Climax petrol engine was fitted. An extensive refit was carried out at Kings of Burnham between 1962 and 1964, and she sailed with a traditional mainsail.
The Coventry engine was replaced by a Dorman 4DSM diesel with, new stern gear in 1960. Her hull was ferro-cement clad, with deck covered with marine ply and glassed with epoxy. New rail stanchions and rail were added with some rearrangement of accommodation.