Primrose CK273 is a 36ft Aldous smack built in 1892.
PRIMROSE is an Essex smack, a fishing vessel of timber carvel construction, iroko on sawn oak frames. She was built in 1892 by Aldous of Brightlingsea and is powered by sail alone. The vessel was built for fishing and oyster dredging from West Mersea and then Maldon. She was saved in the 1970s from the Roach and rebuilt by Testers of Faversham between 1998 and 2000. She is now used as a private leisure craft and has just circumnavigated the UK in 2020.
Colne Match results;
- 2001 1st COCK OF THE COLNE
- 2001 Skippers Trophy
- 2005 2nd Arthur Bowles Cup
- 2005 1st smack over the start line Hammond Bell Trophy
- 2007 3rd Xanthe Trophy
- 2009 1st smack over the start line Hammond Bell Trophy
- 2009 3rd Xanthe Trophy
- 2010 3rd Xanthe Trophy
- 2011 1st COCK OF THE COLNE
- 2011 Skippers Trophy
- 2011 Best recorded elapsed time Bob Harman Trophy