Marigold MN119 is a 30ft Patient shrimper built in 1981.
Colne Match results;
- 1986 1st over the start line Hammond Bell Trophy
- 1993 1st bawley home Rose Bowl
- 2006 Seamanship Lowlands Cup
- 2012 Last smack home Vernon Scott Trophy
- 2014 1st bawley home Rose Bowl
- 2014 Last smack home Vernon Scott Trophy
- 2015 1st bawley home Rose Bowl
- 2015 Last smack home Vernon Scott Trophy
- 2021 1st bawley home Rose Bowl
Marigold was built at Walter Cook and son, Maldon, in 1981. She is a Gravesend Bawley built upon the lines of the Lillian, built 1869. Gravesend Bawleys were built to work the lower reaches of the Thames, trawling for shrimps with a trim tram trawl. Larger versions such as the Lillian would occasionally stowboat for sprats in the winter.
Marigold is clinker built with 3/4 inch larch planks on steamed oak frames, with some cut grown frames. With a larch laid deck. She has never had an engine and is traditionally rigged with a loose footed gaff mainsail, topsail, foresail, and jib, the combined sail area is approximately 660 square feet.