Hyacinth CK256 is a 36ft Aldous smack built in 1900.
Colne Match results;
- 1971 2nd Arthur Bowles Cup
- 1972 3rd Xanthe Trophy
- 1973 1st COCK OF THE COLNE
- 1973 Brian Kennell Skippers Trophy
- 1977 2nd Arthur Bowles Cup
- 1978 2nd Arthur Bowles Cup
- 1979 2nd Arthur Bowles Cup
- 1984 2nd Arthur Bowles Cup
- 1990 Last smack home Vernon Scott Trophy
- 1997 Best restoration Charles Morse Trophy
- 1997 Most traditionally turned out smack David Gowing Memorial Trophy
- 1998 3rd Xanthe Trophy
- 2003 1st smack over the start line Hammond Bell Trophy
She was built for the French family of Mersea. She was used for oyster dredging and remained in the family until the mid 1960s. She was then purchased by Clarke and Carters of Mersea, re-fitted and sold to Mrs. M. Kennell in 1969. She is now owned by Mr Marks and is used as a family sailing smack, often cruising the East Coast rather than racing. She does not have an inboard engine fitted but does have a rather large outboard.