The CSPS are running this competition alongside Essex Heritage Workboats (EHW). They aim to bring together the vessels that are still sailing the waters they were built to work on over the last 150 years. By celebrating and encouraging their relevance today, they aim to support their owners, crews and admirers to keep them sailing for generations to come.
We can’t wait to receive your entries for our photo competition… but we do need to run a few rules past you first!
- Entries must be received before midnight on the 30th November 2020.
- You must be the copyright holder of the photo(s) you submit.
- The subject must be a working vessel; Essex built and have a working heritage. EHW is there to support the genuine article not a modern replica it is their working heritage that is important to preserve.
- If you are under the age of 18, please ask your parent/guardian permission to enter this competition.
- Where individual people are the focus of the photograph (in particular children), the individual (or, in the case of children, their legal guardian/parent) has granted permission for use of the image by the CSPS and EHW.
- By submitting your entry you give permission to the CSPS and EHW to use your photos for use through social media and/or promotional material including calendars and flyers of future events. All photos will be credited to the photographer.
- All entries will be anonymously given to our wonderfully talented judges, Sandy Miller & Seamus Masters, to allow a fair competition.
Prizes are as follows;
1st prize – day sail on the Thames Barge Dawn, based in Brightlingsea for up to 6 people.
2nd prize – day sail on the Harris Smack Maria CK21, based in Pyefleet for up to 4 people.
3rd prize – day sail on the Mersea Fishing Open Boat Gipsy, based in West Mersea for up to 2 people.
All prizes will be given once government guidelines allow to hold such events.
How to enter?
All you have to do is send up to 3 photos, with your name and a contact number to the following email address;
We will announce the winners via social media and will contact you if you have won.