Fashion CK428 34ft Aldous built 1894

West Mersea Town Regatta 1930. Smacks from left: UNITY, KINGFISHER (far background), MN40 (foreground), two Maldon smacks, BOADICEA CK213 (extreme right).
Douglas Went photograph
Used in Gaff Rig, page 124.
Used in Smacks and Bawleys page 118.
Used in The Sailors’s Coast page 49.

MN40 was the registration for FASHION from 1923 to 1938 and owned by Ted Pitt. Before 1923 she was registered as CK428. In 1938 she was reregistered as LO208 Credit to Mersea Museum.
Smack FASHION on Maldon Promenade beach.
FASHION was built by Aldous at Brightlingsea in 1894, registered as CK428. In 1923 she was sold and reregistered as MN40. 1938 sold to Southend and reregisted as LO208. She is still sailing.
Photo taken late 1930s
For a full history see http://www.johnnymo.co.uk/index.php/old-gaffers/fashion.
Judges postcard 14944, written 25 June 1943. Credit to Mersea Museum.